Monday, October 29, 2007

Payton made the Battle of the Books team!!!

I am soooo excited!!! Payton just called from school & said that she made the Battle of the Books team at her school! Yea Payton! She was so proud of herself... she didn't even miss one question on the test & was the first to finish! She took the test on Friday after school & we had to wait until this morning to find out! I had her call me from school after they announced the names... I couldn't stand to wait until after school! There are only twelve students selected from each school to participate. Battle of the Books is a great program that Birdville ISD has. Each of the elementary schools has a team that meets twice a week after school to study & then competes against each other by having to answer questions about books. North Ridge has always done very well in the past, so the pressure is on! The students must know the tiniest of details about each of the books covered. Payton LOVES to read & can spend hours at a time reading so this is PERFECT for her! She begins after school practice tomorrow & I believe the competition is in January. I'll keep you updated!

No comments: