Friday, May 8, 2009

My Formal Living Room & Family Room


It's time again for Show Us Where You Live Friday!
Living & Family Room Edition
This is the view of my family room from my formal living room.  This is the room where we do most of our "living".  The chair is my blogging spot... I get cozy with my laptop & get lost in blog world!

Looking into the kitchen eating area.

Any ideas on what to put in the top drawer of this table???  I'm at a loss!  It has to look pretty because the top is glass!  Please send me your suggestions!!!!!!

I LOVE my pictures of my baby girls!  This is my favorite area of my room!  Each picture was taken when they were 3 weeks old.

Notice the duck on the left side of the room... not my favorite decor item in the room, but it does hold special meaning to my husband and my oldest daughter!  My daughter killed her first duck on the day this duck was shot.  My husband had the red head mounted so that they could always remember their special day together.  You can read about it here on my husband's blog.

This is a picture of my formal living room.  My favorite thing about this room is my armoire.  I found it on craigslist and only paid $100 for it... I know, I really hit the jackpot on this item!!!  She said that she paid over $2000 for it a couple of years ago!

Looking in from the family room.

Standing in the dining room... I made the curtains about three years ago & still love them.

View from the hallway to the master bedroom.  The kitchen is on the right and the family room is on the left.  My kids love to run circles around this fireplace through the rooms!

Thanks for taking time to tour my rooms!  I can't wait to start the tour of all of your rooms!

11 comments:

Rachel said...

For the drawer, put a pretty quilt or blanket in there. It will always have to be folded though!

The Trendy Family said...

I would put either a collage of pictures or some sand with shells in it!

KIMBERLY said...

the pictures of your baby girls are beautiful! LOVE them! thanks for sharing! you could put special trinkets in the drawer of your coffee table like a flower from and arrangement for a special occasion, something your baby girls give you, pictures, a brooch from grandmother, etc... happy mothers day!

Deanna said...

Love the duck! You are such a good wife to let that into your living room.

kj said...

Love it!!!

In the coffee table, you could do holiday themes and change them out. So you could have easter eggs (fake) and some grass. you can pretty much fill it with holiday stuff all year, now would be srping until 4th of july. I don't know. I thought of the scrapbook idea too and lay picture out.

Andrea said...

Love your color scheme. It is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Great living room! Decorating is not my thing, so I shall refrain from providing suggestions:).

Brittany said...

I love that all your living areas have views of the fireplaces! What a cozy home :)

Helen Joy said...

I think old wine corks are pretty cool. If you don't drink wine you can buy them at different decorating stores I think.

Jessica said...

beautiful home!
I too have a glass top table. In mine I just put special trinkets in it. Sometimes china...sometimes old pieces from my granparents and great grandparents, but right now I have items my hubby has brought home from 2 deployments.

Enchantresses Three said...

Love,love,love your beautiful home!!!