Friday, March 14, 2008

I smell a party coming...



Tonight's the night! Miss Payton is having her 9th Birthday party... a sleepover party!!! I know, I know her birthday is on December 25h, but we couldn't find a good weekend to have her party. We usually have it 2 weeks before or after her birthday, but it just didn't work out this year. I'm so glad we waited. The weather is BEAUTIFUL!!!! She has invited a couple of friends from school & the rest are all her girlfriends from church.

I have been a busy little bee this morning getting everything ready. I had some help from Miss Presley (with her full chef attire on, of course!)

Presley & I made cupcakes this morning & I think they turned out so cute! I put them on the Wilton cupcake stand that I got at Michael's.

A simple white dessert stand can make even the ugliest of store bought cookies look fabulous!
My most favorite thing about getting her party ready was finding these great metal buckets! They were in the Easter section at Wal-Mart for $1 each! I added a cute note pad, a glitter gel pen, a flower sucker & some candy. I then finished it off by tying a ribbon to the handle. Viola... a party favor bucket!
Okay... I'm all ready for tonight! I just need to have some kids! I'll go & get Payton from school & wait for all of the giggling girls to get here! Please say a little prayer for me to get a little sleep tonight!

3 comments:

Being a Star said...

I really love that play kitchen. So cute. A sleepover sounds fun...Haven't had one of those in years. Have fun!!

Jenn said...

I was laughing that Brandon was at his ballgame Friday night and you were at the party with all of the kids....:) Can't get out of softball if you are in town!!!
The party looks like it was sooooo cute! I'm sure that Payton LOVED it!! What a GREAT mom you are!!!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Hey! Sounds like it was probably a fun party!! Hope you got some rest!