Wednesday, January 20, 2010

This is really happening!

I simply cannot believe it. I am blogging! I had to try several times to get the correct password to log in... I know, that's a really bad thing.

My life has been CRAZY over the last year or so. Here are just a few of the changes that have taken place in my life:

  • Fly to Birmingham, Alabama with my husband for a job interview. They offer it to him while we were there! We both about have heart attacks... we then start looking at houses and try and get a feel for the area. Let me say that it is BEAUTIFUL there. We fly back home and are about 90% sure that we will accept the offer. We sleep on it and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray a lot more. It then becomes clear to us that Birmingham is WAY too far away from our family!
  • A few months later.......... A kindergarten position comes open at Payton and Presley's school. This is the school where I used to teach before staying home. I decide to interview because it is at the only school I want to teach at & I don't know when another opening will come along. I get the job and start working on my classroom over the summer. Let's just say that I spent many, many hours getting this classroom ready.
  • I transition back into teaching. After one week there teaching kindergarten I get called into the principal's office. This was on Friday morning. She tells me that our kindergarten numbers are way too low. We only had about 15 in each class. My options are: to resign, or to go teach 1st grade at another school in the district. I didn't even have a clue where this school was at! I cry and cry a little more and call Brandon from the office. He proceeds to tell me that it is my decision and he will support me in whatever decision I make. I REALLY wanted to walk out and continue the comfort of being a stay at home mom, but something in me said to PUT ON MY BIG GIRL PANTS AND GO FOR IT! I am so glad that I did! It wasn't an easy road. I had to pack up my classroom, say goodbye to my kindergarten kids, leave the place where my two girls attended and move into my new classroom at a school that was very unfamiliar. I started teaching my new class that next week. Talk about a rough start back to teaching after taking 7 years off!! I really believe that God led me to my new school for a reason. I have made so many awesome new friends and have bonded with my new class.
  • Brandon is now working in North Dallas. This has been a big adjustment because he has a long commute! With me working and him not getting home until much later in the evenings... let me just say life is a little more hectic!!!

Okay with all that said, things are starting to slow down a little and I am getting into a nice routine. Soooooo, you might just hear a little more from me now!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

NOOOOO WAY!!! You are back!! Now this is some great news....so glad to hear that you love your class....I'm sure that they love you and are so blessed by you being their loving teacher!

Jill said...

WAY! Sure do miss you & your sweet family! Give Parker a hug from Payton!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Triplets? Wow, that is awesome! Thanks for you kind comments on my blog, have a wonderful weekend!
Kristin

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Sorry about that, read the part about the triplets wrong :) amazing still.

Anonymous said...

Hi readers
Do not miss your chance to get a free ipad. Visit http://bit.ly/d9QOON