Sunday, July 13, 2008

Payton is off to camp!

Well, I did it! I sent my firstborn off to a week of camp... I have been struggling with this for a few weeks now, and I actually sent her on her way this morning. We spent most of the day yesterday packing & making last minute runs to Target to get any remaining items for her stay. Payton & I had an extra long "special snuggle time" in the big cozy chair last night. I didn't want to let her go. I wanted that moment to last forever.

Where has the last nine and a half years gone? Ohmygawsh... she is so big & I am so old to have a child that is old enough to spend a week at camp without her Mommy. Everyone says that I am the most overprotective mom they know & are really impressed that I have cut the cord to let her go. One of my friends, Brian told me today that I haven't really cut the umbilical cord... I've just stretched it out a long way. Either way, I'm making progress.

All packed & ready to go!Telling Presley goodbye.

Jennifer, Zachary & Payton. Payton rode with Jennifer to camp this morning. Jennifer is a good friend of mine & is also the camp nurse, which eases my mind a lot. Jennifer promised to take extra special good care of my baby!

Payton & her buddy Zachary before they left!

This will be the longest that we've been apart since she was born. Sure this week is going to be hard for me, but Payton needs this time away from us. She needs a chance to figure things out on her own away from her family. I hope she makes many new friends and grows her relationship with the Lord this week. I'm sure she will create many new memories that she will cherish for a lifetime!


3 comments:

Jenn said...

She is going to have such a great time! You are such a super mom for letting her go!! Hope that this week flies by and she'll be home before you know it!! You and Presley will have a fun week, just the 2 of you together!! :)

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

She was doing great at six hours in...she had saved a bed for one of her new friends!

Nikki said...

Wow!!! What are you going to do with yourself. Definately have a girl day with Press for mani's and pedi's!!